Wednesday, September 2, 2009

A meeting with the counselor

This afternoon we meet with Steven's counselor at JDHS. She took time with Steven and presented his options to him. She worked with him to set up a class schedule and his first day school is tomorrow. He has the following classes this semester:
American History
PE
Algebra
English Composition (I think that's the name of it, I don't have my notes here at school).
Guitar
Biology
Tonight we went and picked up school supplies. They were pretty wiped-out, I didn't even find what I needed - but Steven found some things to get him started and we will pick up whatever else he needs as we go. He picked up a backpack for himself that I must say is pretty sharp. He was pretty giddy tonight getting his supplies around and packing his bag. He was talking a mile a minute and smiling, he even said that it would be the first time in his life he was excited about homework! I am not sure if he will sleep much or not, but it is pretty neat to see him so excited. I am saying prayers for him that he has an awesome first day and that the momentum cares into the following two years of serious work for him. We all believe that he has the ability to be successful - Aunt Molly

No comments:

Post a Comment